1/29/09

Born of the Fourth of July (1989)

Director: Oliver Stone (Platoon, World Trade Center)
Stars: Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible, Cocktails)
Kyra Sedgewick (Singles, The Woodsman [I guess, this bitch has been in like 50 movies and I've heard of 3 of them, seen none of them])
YesNoSoso: 1

The more Oliver Stone movies I see the less I like him. Obviously I started out by watching his best (Wall Street, Any Given Sunday [fuck you that movie is awesome], Platoon) but the more I see his older less seen movies, and his newer shittier ones, the less I respect him. This movie is one of them. Good movie, don't get me wrong. As I always say on this blog and as the basis for my rating system, I enjoyed my 2 hours. Except this movie was three and a half hours long. So in actuality there were about 1.5 hours that I wasn't enjoying. But in the spirit of the rule, I am glad I saw this movie and it should def be seen.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: