2/5/09

Burn After Reading (2008)

Director: Joel and Ethan Coen (The Big Lebowski, Fargo [both incredible, I refuse to badmouth the Coen brothers])
Stars: George Clooney (The Good German, Leatherheads)
Frances McDormand (Short Cuts, Something's Gotta Give)
YesNoSoso: 2

I know there are those that will disagree with me, but I've at least enjoyed every single Coen brothers movie (Yes, even Ladykillers) and loved most of them. Burn After Reading wasn't hilarious like The Big Lebowski and I would be supremely surprised if it garnered the same cult following, but it is definitely made in the same style and is definitely worth checking out. Burn After Reading is relatively complex comedic crime caper (how bout that alliteration) with a kick-ass ensemble cast that includes John Malkovitch, Tilda Swinton, Brad Pitt, with the ridiculously underrated J.K. Simmons and Richard Jenkins.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: