1/5/09

Persepolis (2007)

Director: Vincent Paronnaud (Something called Raging Blues that I've never heard of and nothing else, Marjane Satrapi also gets a credit, cause writing a graphic novel does most of the work for a director, especially of an animated movie)
Stars: Chiara Mastroianni (A bunch of French shit I've never heard of)
Catherine Deneuve (Repulsion, Dancer in the Dark [both these movies are sweet, but almost everything else is french, plus I dig her style so fuck off])
YesNoSoso: 2

Awesome. The more movies I see the more I appreciate the genre of animation. This doesn't mean that there aren't assloads of terrible animated features, but I am very comfortable stating that the overall quality of a randomnly selected animated film is higher than its live-action counterpart. The plot is rather original and the stylistic animation is not only aesthetically mesmerizing but also like nothing I've ever seen. Plus watching cartoons do drugs is hilarious.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: