1/26/09

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Director: Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, The Beach)
Stars: Dev Patel (An Indian you've never heard of)
Freida Pinto (nothing you've ever heard of, but GD is she hot)
YesNoSoso: 1

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I had heard from a few reviews that if it hadn't been set in India, it would be the same pre-fab feel good bullsh!t that get regurgitated every Oscar season. Its not. It is an incredible movie with an amazing and thoroughly original story telling device. Well stylized with beautiful cinematography, I can honestly say, that despite my initial misgivings, this movie is as good as the hype. (ed After letting this movie sit for a while, I revising my rating to a 1. It was good, but it really was pre-fab feel good bullsh!t)
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: