1/15/09

Shoot 'Em Up (2007)

Director: Michael Davis (100 Girls which sucks and some other stuff I've never seen)
Stars: Clive Owen (Children of Men, The Pink Panther)
Paul Giamatti
(American Splendor, Fred Claus)
YesNoSoso: 1

Check it out, but it just simply missed. I have nothing but respect for a filmmaker who takes an obvious risk in trying to deliver a truly original piece, but this just isn't very good. Plus, I trust Clive Owen's judgment in movies so much I will watch ANYTHING he acts in. Seriously, look at his IMDB page. If it wasn't for his uncredited role in The Pink Panther, there's not a single bad movie in the bunch, I would've had to go with King Arthur or Inside Man, and both of those were SOLID YesNoSoso 1's if not YesNoSoso 2's. Shoot 'Em Up has a ludicrously sensational plot and several elaborate gunfights. Combine that with Monica Belucci and its certainly worth a look.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: