12/26/09

Primer (2004)

Director: Shane Carruth (literally nothing else)
Stars: Shane Carruth (see above)
David Sullivan (nothing of consequence)
YesNoSoso: 2

I found this on a list of movies that originated at Sundance and went on to have cult followings. It was the only movie on the list that I didn't love, mostly because I'd never heard of it. It followed suit with its fellow Sundance alumni. Primer received a YesNoSoso 2 on a purely "it was so confusing I have to watch it again" basis, but I enjoy that in a movie. Check out the IMDB page: this movie is as pure of an autueristic vision as I've ever seen. The director/writer/actor/sound composer/etc Shane Carruth, an engineer by trade, wanted to make a new type of time travel movie and didn't want to dumb it down at all. What you get is an extremely technical but thoroughly entertaining time travel movie that is like nothing you've ever seen before. Don't go in thinking your gonna see Time Cop 2, but also don't expect one viewing to be enough to fully grasp its plot.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: