12/26/09

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)

Director: David Fincher (Fight Club, Panic Room [which I actually liked])
Stars: Brad Pitt (Inglourious Basterds, Cool World)
Cate Blanchett (I'm Not There, nothing I've ever seen of hers has really been that bad)
YesNoSoso: 1

I didn't think this movie was bad and perhaps I'm just overreacting to all the positive hype that surrounded this movie, but I didn't think it was anything special. As the YesNoSoso mantra dictates for a 1, I enjoyed my 2 hours (or rather 2 hours and 46 minutes) but wouldn't go back for a second helping. Maybe the ridiculous length had something to do with it (I saw no reason for this movie to be so long), but I also just didn't find the premise to be all that interesting and didn't really identify with the titular character at all. I suppose it was just me, but I simply didn't think The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was all that great. As a fun side-game, look at Brad Pitt's IMDB page and see how far back you have to go before you find a truly bad movie. Some would argue that he doesn't even really have one, and has been in 62 movies plus 25 more in production. Hot damn he's awesome.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: