12/27/09

Harold & Kumar Escape from Gauntanamo Bay (2008)

Director: Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg (directorial debut, they wrote this as well as the original)
Stars: John Cho (Better Luck Tomorrow, In Good Company)
Kal Penn (Van Wilder [a...decent movie], Son of the Mask)
YesNoSoso: 1

I really wrestled with this rating, cause I thought the movie was a huge disappointment, but then I wised up and realized I was just comparing it to the original, which I loved. I finally arrived at the fact that I enjoyed the 2 hours and was just being stubborn. Heck I could watch Rob Corddry make funny faces for 2 hours and be entertained. Overall though, this sequel is just too haphazard for my tastes. Nothing really makes sense and things are way too convenient, even for a absurd comedy such as this.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: