6/28/10

Moon (2009)

Director: Duncan Jones (the only movie he's done so far)
Stars: Sam Rockwell (Choke, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Kevin Spacey (The Usual Suspects, Austin Powers in Goldmember)
YesNoSoso: 2

I'm debating whether to give this movie an emphatic 2, I guess you'll know whether I did by looking at the bottom of the page. My only hesitation being that I feel I've (maybe) handed out a few too many lately, but Black Dynamite and Zombieland were firmly deserving. This is one of those movies that's amazingness lays in its conceptual idea. To give you a taste: Sam Rockwell plays a man about to end a three year contract working for the company L.U.N.A.R., harvesting power from the Moon and sending it back. Then...some stuff happens. The entire movie is pretty much just Sam Rockwell's incredible performance and Kevin Spacey's creepiest voice. See this immediately.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: