6/25/10

Ghost Town (2008)

Director: David Koepp (Stir of Echoes [which was mediocre], Secret Window)
Stars: Ricky Gervais (Stardust, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian)
Greg Kinnear (As Good as it Gets, You've Got Mail)
YesNoSoso: 0

It's not that I thought this movie was bad. Ricky Gervais is indisputably a comedic genius and it has a solid supporting cast, Tea Leoni, Aasif Mandi, and Kristin Wiig, but the movie just didn't really come together. I smirked at the scene with Wiig (cause she's incredible) and the enormous hospital lawyer explaining to Gervais's character that he died for a short period of time but there wasn't really a single moment that I laughed out loud. I debated giving this a YesNoSoso 1 because I was mildly amused during the 2 hours, but when I consider what I could've been watching I realized my, and your, time could be much better spent.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: