6/24/10

Into the Wild (2007)

Director: Sean Penn (The Pledge, The Crossing Guard [both decent])
Stars: Emile Hirsch (The Girl Next Door [actually pretty good], Speed Racer)
Vince Vaughn (Made, Four Christmases)
YesNoSoso: 0

I'm probably gonna catch some heat for this, but I flat out didn't like this movie. All of Hollywood seemed to get behind Penn's project. The supporting cast includes Marcia Gay Harden, William Hurt, Jena Malone, Catherine Keener, Kristen Stewart, Hal Holbrook and Zach Galifianakis. I appreciated Chris McCandless's story and how many lives he evidently touched along the way, but I found it flat out boring. Its not my style but I can certainly understand the whole shedding-the-shackles-of-society mantra that Chris adopted, but I found myself more annoyed at his disdainful attitude than identifying with his message.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: