3/31/09

Gonzo: The Life and Works of Hunter S Thompson (2008)

Director: Alex Gibney (I've never seen anything else he's directed, but supposedly he's a very respected Documentarian [not a real word])
Stars: Johnny Depp (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Astronaut's Wife)
Tom Wolfe (hasn't really acted in anything)
YesNoSoso: 1

I will say that this was a pretty good documentary, but it was still a documentary and I can think of only a handful of documentaries that I would watch a second time (King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters and Hoop Dreams come to mind). If you are a Hunter S Thompson fan you will more than likely love this documentary and I would venture that someone who has never even heard of Hunter would find it even more interesting. Dr Thompson was an amazing man, on account of both his skills and his debauchery. The world is a much less interesting place without him.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: