9/19/08

Diner (1982)

Director: Barry Levinson (Rain Man, Envy)
Stars: Steve Guttenberg (Cocoon, Police Academy)
Tim Daly (Superman: the Animated Series, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde)
YesNoSoso: 2

If I didn't know about Diner and you told me there was a movie directed by Barry Levinson that stars Steve Guttenberg, Tim Daly, Paul Reiser and Daniel Stern I would probably kick you in the balls for informing me that such obvious proof of Satan exists. But this movie is quite good. Its funny and charming. Suprisingly this is due, in part, to the cast's performances. Its not that I don't like these people, I just don't generally like the cookie cutter bullshit they make. Every part in Diner is cast perfectly. Its like the origin of all these actors and every other movie they do is their character in Diner trying to act in another vehicle, with disasterous results.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: