9/19/08

The Birth of a Nation (1915)

Director: D.W. Griffith (A bunch of old crap that sucks)
Stars: Lillian Gish (A bunch of old crap that sucks)
Mae Marsh (A bunch of old crap that sucks)
YesNoSoso: 0

This movie sucks so bad and is so long, it literally took me 3 weeks to watch it. I would watch 15 minutes, notice my hand slowly moving sharp objects towards my eyes, and have to turn it off. I don't care if its the first color movie of all time. I don't care if I should appreciate it for the time in which it was made. I don't care if its on the original AFI 100. The "color" is just feces tinted celluloid for three hours and the excrement color is an appropriate representation of the films actual content. Its racist, silent and is unequivocally the most boring thing I've ever seen. Fuck D.W. Griffith. I'm glad he's dead.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: