9/19/08

Cape Fear (1991)

Director: Martin Scorsese (Goodfellas, Michael Jackson's "Bad" Video)
Stars: Robert DeNiro (Raging Bull, The Fan)
Nick Nolte (A Thin Red Line, 48 Hrs)
YesNoSoso: 2

I know its sad that I haven't seen this movie until 2008, but it was well worth the wait. Anybody that knows me I'm a sucker for gimmicks and honoring classic works with homages and Cape Fear hooked me from the beginning. From classic Hitchcock/Film Noirish opening credits to the clever and unforced inclusion of the main stars of the original, Cape Fear can be appreciated on a number of levels. These artistic details are smoothly incorporated into a very solid movie displaying an excellent pace (just a side note, I see pace as the most "subconsious" barameter of a movies quality. How well a movie that progresses logically and enthrallingly is very crucial to the overall experience)
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: