5/14/10

Where the Wild Things Are (2009)

Director: Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovitch, Adaptation [both incredible])
Stars: Max Records (The Brothers Bloom [never saw it, heard it was good, he's done nothing else])
Catherine Keener (Hamlet 2, Switch)
YesNoSoso: 2

With Spike Jonze directing and Dave Eggers assisting on the script this movie had all the makings of a legend. I don't believe the end product reflects my initial high hopes, but it is still quite good. James Gandolfini, Paul Dano, Catherine O'Hara, Forest Whittaker, Michael Berry Jr (I've never heard of him either) and Lauren Ambrose provide the 'Wild Things' with voices and create rich and complicated characters. I enjoyed my 2 hours and definitely feel that there was underlying meaning and implications that I missed on the first viewing. Therefore, by definition, it received a YesNoSoso 2.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: