5/17/10

Star Trek (2009)

Director: J.J. Abrams (Mission: Impossible 3, "Alias" [I've never seen])
Stars: Chris Pine (Smokin' Aces [which was pretty bad], Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement)
Zachary Quinto ("24", "Heroes" [Both bad shows])
YesNoSoso: 2

Well this movie was a pleasant surprise. Mission: Impossible 3 was also surprisingly good, so I suppose I shouldn't have been shocked that I enjoyed Abrams take on Star Trek. He has just envoked so much hatred in me for the direction "Lost" has taken and I haven't really enjoyed the Star Trek franchise up until now. Abrams reboot though, is extremely entertaining and very well executed. Very good performances from Pine and Quinto that helps establish that camaraderie between Kirk and Spock seen in the titular television show. Well paced action and quality (but not over the top) special effects make this a very enjoyable movie experience.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: