10/12/09

Observe and Report (2009)

Director: Jody Hill ("Eastbound and Down", The Foot Fist Way [I've never seen it, but its the only other thing he's directed])
Stars: Seth Rogan (Superbad, Horton Hears a Who!)
Anna Faris (Brokeback Mountain, My Super Ex-Girlfriend)
YesNoSoso: 1

I always say: I'll give a movie more credit if it tries something new and fails then if its just regurgitated hackneyed bullshit (I'm looking at you Couple's Retreat). Observe and Report definitely fits the former. Its a super dark comedy that, I felt, was pretty light on the comedy. It tried but just failed. However I'm willing to admit I may not have been in the right state of mind for its humor and would be remiss not to mention that I said the same thing the first time I watched Anchorman. So check it out, but don't expect much.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: