10/1/09

Funny People (2009)

Director: Judd Apatow (40 Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up [both are decent])
Stars: Adam Sandler (Billy Madison, Mr. Deeds)
Seth Rogen (Superbad, Horton Hears a Who!)
YesNoSoso: 1

I am one of the only people in the country that didn't absolutely love 40 Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up. I just didn't think they were that funny and that's kind of what I'm looking for in my comedies. They were solid YesNoSoso 1's but not the comedies of a generation that they seem to be made out to be. I think Funny People is a solid step up from Apatow's previous two works but is still nothing more than an enjoyable two hours (or rather I wish it was only two hours). Funny People has an original plot with an excellent performance by Sander (even though its as much of a stretch for him as 8-mile was for Eminem). Check it out cause its a good movie but be forewarned: its long and not particuarly funny.
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: