7/6/10

Youth in Revolt (2009)

Director: Miguel Arteta (The Good Girl [which was alright], nothing else I've heard of except a TV episode here and there)
Stars: Michael Cera (Superbad, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist)
Portia Doubleday (nothing I've ever heard of)
YesNoSoso: 1

This movie was much more serious than I anticipated. Ray Liotta, Zack Galifianakis, Jean Smart, Steve Buscemi, Fred Willard and Justin Long
complete the ensemble cast in what could best be described as a dark comedy. Every scene with Francois Dillinger (Michael Cera's alter ego) was absolutely amazing and the dialog was surprisingly witty and quick. But the movie as a whole didn't pack a lot of laughs for my taste and I was never quite clear on the point of everything. Michael Cera plays a white trash loser trying to get laid. If that's the whole point of the movie then I guess I didn't miss it, but I'm not sure it warranted a whole movie.
IMDB
Wikipedia
IMDB

No comments: