10/7/08

My Own Private Idaho (1991)

Director: Gus Van Sant (Good Will Hunting, Psycho)
Stars: River Phoenix (Stand by Me, I Love You to Death)
Keanu Reeves
(The Matrix, The Watcher)
YesNoSoso: 1

Not for the Homophobic. River and Keanu play what is described as hustlers which is a nice way of saying male whores. There are extremely graphic descriptions of what that entails. The story is loosely based on Shakespeare's Henry IV and V and I do like my Billy Shakes. Its also extremely stylized (another of my weaknesses), with the most graphic of scenes displayed as a series of shots of the actors standing still for the camera is various states of disarray. Definatley check it out, this may be one of those YesNoSoso 1's that over time become YesNoSoso 2's (See Big Lebowski, Office Space).
IMDB
Wikipedia

No comments: